Monday, November 10, 2008

A GREAT EVENING WITH THE HANRIONS




We had a great time with Matthew and Elisabeth Hanrion and there precious girls Saturday night at their house.  Ever since having them join our home group, we've been looking forward to spending time with them and getting to know them better.  It was a really sweet time of fellowship even with all of our fragmented conversations.  Sometimes I just have to laugh at the number of times thoughts and conversations are interrupted and the number of times I often have to get up during a single meal.  As I laugh, I'm reminded of this season of life that I and many of my friends are in with having babies and young children.  And that still small voice reminds me to enjoy it, even with its interruptions, because these days truly will pass quickly although in the thick of it, I sometimes feel it will never end.  In fact, I still have lingering thoughts that I need to follow up with Elisabeth about, unfinished stories that can deepen our friendship.

After our delicious dinner of vegetable beef soup and rolls home-made by Elisabeth and a tossed salad that I brought, we spent the rest of the evening around a warm and cozy camp fire that Matthew, Brian and Benjamin built.  Matthew was so sweet to include Benjamin and even teach him some tricks of the trade in regard to wood chopping and fire building.  One of the highlights of the evening was the children rolling down the hill in their front yard again and again - chuckling all the way down.   And of course the s'mores and glow sticks made the night complete.  

Brian and I enjoyed so many things about the evening and were especially encouraged by the gentle Godly way that Matthew and Elisabeth parent their girls.  We hope to enjoy many more sweet times together.

No comments: