Thursday, September 4, 2008

CATHERINE'S 1ST DAY AT GYMNASTICS




I finally managed to get Catherine started in gymnastics yesterday.  It has taken me way too long to follow through on signing her up (sorry, Catherine).  Let's just say she is a star in the making.  She did awesome and enjoyed it immensely.  They tumbled, did balance beam and even jumped from the low bar to the high.  I was pretty impressed.  I'm anxious to see how she progresses because she is a natural flipper.  She can do a cartwheel like it's nobodies business.  It blesses me to see my children enjoying life and finding success at the same time.  Brian always wished to take gymnastics when he was a boy so he is really excited for her.  He always says, "She's the next Mary Lou Retton."  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

2 comments:

Heather J said...

I know she must LOVE that! While we were there we forgot to show y'all that Catherine inspired Anderson to do cartwheels so he is doing them now too (although not nearly as graceful as big cousin!). She looks so 'official' in her leotard!! Proud Auntie Heather!!!

Heather J said...

I know she must LOVE that! While we were there we forgot to show y'all that Catherine inspired Anderson to do cartwheels so he is doing them now too (although not nearly as graceful as big cousin!). She looks so 'official' in her leotard!! Proud Auntie Heather!!!