Monday, September 15, 2008

A GOOD CRY

Brian and I got to bed last night around 10:30, and we were both so tired. He quickly dozed off to sleep, and in spite of being so sleepy,  I picked up a book I've been reading since before Anna was born.  Needless to say, I haven't had a lot of time for books lately.  Growing up,  I didn't care much for reading, but it seems I'm growing to have a love for reading now.  A few months ago, I started reading the Redemption Series by Karen Kingsbury, followed by the Firstborn Series and am currently reading the Sunrise Series.  Last night I finished Summer and found myself having one of those good cries.  The tears came forth from being so overwhelmed with gratefulness for our 4 beautiful, healthy children.  After I finished reading, I got up from bed and went and laid hands on each one of our precious children, thanking God for them and praying for His covering and protection over their lives.  I woke up this morning with my eyes all puffy, but I've found I need a "good cry" every now and again.

1 comment:

the Andersons said...

Children are such a gift. Lots of hard work...but truly a special blessing! I totally understand how you feel in those moments of thankfulness for each special child the Lord has entrusted to us.
Yours are truly beautiful! Enjoy each day together! PS- love the blog :)