Tuesday, March 24, 2009

2009 Basketball finished

                                              Benjamin with his coaches 

The trophy I was awarded for winning the Mom's shooting competition

                                            Benjamin's Basketball Team 2009

Well, Benjamin had a great season of basketball.  He played with his friend, Austin, at West End Baptist Church.  It's always exciting each year to see how Benjamin improves.  He definitely improved on his dribbling and shooting and continues to work on being a passer.  Brian and I had to start enforcing a "one pass rule" before he was aloud to shoot.  Having such a rule served to remind him to be a better team player and not simply dribble down and shoot every time he got the ball.  Their team ended the season with 6 wins and only 2 losses.  They really played well together.  I am so proud of Benjamin's progress.

We closed out the season with a basketball banquet and spaghetti dinner where the kids were awarded their trophies.  We also had a few contests during the banquet.  They even had a shooting competition for the moms and the dads.  And low and behold, I earned the most points of the moms and was awarded a trophy of my own.  It was a lot of fun... I was so proud of all the moms that got out there and gave it a try.  It was so neat watching Benjamin and Catherine and their response to me winning.  They were so proud of me.  Catherine said, "Mama, your 34 and you won your own trophy!"  Cracked me up.  The following Monday morning when I picked her back-pack up for her to go to school, it was so heavy so I unzipped it.  Guess what I found?  My trophy... she wanted to take it school and show it to her friends.  So sweet and cute.  I just love my children and love celebrating with them!

1 comment:

Heather J said...

well well - it looks like you kept a few of those old basketball skills for such a time as this! You go girl - 34 years wise!!! and I just love that Catherine wanted to brag on her momma!!!!