Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Crippled Lamb


 The Crippled Lamb... a wonderful book for the family library

This morning, I snuggled up on the sofa with Mary Scott to read her a story.  She chose one of my favorites, The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado.  Sometimes I get so disappointed with myself at the lack of quality time I spend with my children.  But when I overcome the urge to put other things first and just stop what I'm doing and give my attention fully to my sweet little ones, what peace I feel in my heart.  So this morning as we read together, I was filled with thankfulness for the blessing of being able to be at home with my children.  And as this wonderful story unfolded, the Lord spoke to my spirit and gently reminded me that although I'm different than other people, not as good at certain things as others, sometimes sad when I focus on the things that make me different and discouragement trying to have its way with me... that my Savior created me as me because he does indeed have a plan and a purpose for my life.  Dear Lord, how I want to fully embrace your ways and your plans for me and live with the complete joy and peace that you desire for me.  

No comments: