Friday, October 3, 2008

FAMILY ROOM DRAPES


Yay!  One more project completed.  I don't get around to many projects these days.  In fact, I've had all the "parts" for our family room drapes for several months.  I finally managed to get them all together this week, and Brian hung them for me.  I'm sure I broke every sewing rule in the book, but with my very limited ability, they are done.  I sew with the motto of ... if I achieve the look I'm going for then that's good enough for me.  I guess that will have to be my motto until so much of my time isn't spent raising these precious little souls the Lord's entrusted to Brian and me.  And frankly, I'm loving my days of being a busy mommy.  I sure don't want them to pass too quickly just so I'll have more time for other things like learning to sew properly and actually learn to use a pattern.  Until that day comes, I won't look to closely at my mistakes but instead just celebrate the chance to make our house a home.

1 comment:

Heather J said...

Monica - I love them! I can't wait to see them live in person in December!! You have the right attitude about your 'sewing abilities'! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!!!!