Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A GREAT DAY


Well, it's our second evening of Brian being in Philadelphia.  As I'm typing it's around 8:30 pm and all is quiet.  Benjamin, Catherine, Mary Scott and Anna are all snuggled in my room for bedtime - Benjamin and Mary Scott together on a pallet on the floor, Catherine in my bed and Anna in the moses basket. In spite of missing my sweet husband, it has been a great day.  The house is a mess yet I can still pinpoint several sweet moments from the day.  First, I got to catch up on the phone with a dear friend, Rachel Thomas, whom I've not talked with in nearly 6 years (thanks facebook!).  After picking the children up from school, we came home and baked chocolate chip cookies and enjoyed them fresh from the oven while sitting on our front porch listening to the rain.  After Catherine's gymnastics practice, we went to the Mayflower for fried shrimp.  The kids had a great time watching the fish in the big tanks, and Benjamin and Catherine enjoyed playing tic-tack-toe.  Once home for the night, the children played in the rain for a few minutes while raising their sweet little voices in a round of "Singing In the Rain."  Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness to make this time while Brian's away a good time.  It truly has been a blessed day!

2 comments:

Eversole Crew said...

Oh wow...I feel your pains as K is gone a lot! I am glad you have had a great day despite his being gone. Please let me know if we can do anything. Thanks also for allowing us to "borrow" some cheese tonight! It really made our chili!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! We lived in Rock Hill for 8 years and I love me some Mayflower!