Thursday, October 30, 2008

ANNA'S 4 MONTH CHECK-UP

I can hardly believe Anna is 4 months old already - where in the world does the time go?  I'm desperate to keep her a baby as long as possible.  Her pediatrician, Dr. Patel, said she looks great.  She weighed 15 pounds 13 pounces and was 26 inches long - 90% and above for both weight and height.  She's still just nursing with no plans at this point to start cereal for another couple of months.  She's getting better and better at steadying her hands as she reaches out for toys and such.  And she's so content, she's not yet rolling over so we'll be watching for that milestone in the weeks ahead.  Her sweet little coos are offering some new sounds which are music to my ears.  And finally last night, she graduated to her crib and slept well... went to bed between 7:30 and 8 pm after nursing then although she wasn't awake, I nursed her around 10:30 before I went to bed.  She cried out around 2:30 so Brian gave her her pacifier then we didn't hear from her again until 5:30 this morning when I nursed her and then she went back to sleep.  Hopefully she'll continue to make progress as Brian and I would welcome some long uninterrupted hours of sleep.  Until then, I'll just cherish each time I get the pleasure of cradling this precious baby girl in my arms!

No comments: