Thursday, December 10, 2009

Where is Jesus?

As we set out all our Christmas decorations this year, we especially enjoyed setting up all of our nativity sets. I so desire to always keep Christ our focus and honestly, it can be quite a challenge with all the other "festivities" that come along with Christmas. As Mary Scott helped me set up the last of our nativities, the girls' little people one, much to our dismay... we couldn't find baby Jesus. Yikes! I continued to look for Him and until He was found we decided we were simply anticipating his birth. The Lord really began to speak to me concerning the missing baby Jesus. He reminded me of how sometimes we can get so caught up in even the good things of Christmas... like giving, spending time with family and friends, enjoying the pretty lights and decorations... that we get distracted and loose our focus. When we speak of the "true meaning of Christmas" we always speak of Jesus, but what about our hearts? And essentially what happens is the very thing that happened to our little nativity set... Jesus is missing. Isaiah 29:13 says, "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me." Oh Lord... may my heart always be centered on you and filled with you so that the overflow... my words, actions, countenance... be a reflection of you and your love.

No comments: